Logitech Media Server - Page is a work in progress
Docker-compose is from here - https://hub.docker.com/r/lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver
- Docker - install instructions here - https://docs.docker.com/engine/install/ubuntu/
- Docker Compose - This can be installed on Linux by running 'sudo apt install docker-compose'
Steps to follow
- Create a folder using the command -
- Use the command
lsto verify the folder was created
- Move inside the lms folder using the command
- Next check what what directory you are in using the command
- After running pwd you should see something like
/home/[YOUR-USER-NAME]/lmsprinted out. Remember this you will need to know it when updating the docker compose file.
- Create a docker-compose.yaml file by running the following command
sudo nano docker-compose.yaml
version: '3' services: lms: container_name: lms image: lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver volumes: - /<somewhere>:/config:rw - /<somewhere>:/music:ro - /<somewhere>:/playlist:rw - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro - /etc/timezone:/etc/timezone:ro ports: - 9000:9000/tcp - 9090:9090/tcp - 3483:3483/tcp - 3483:3483/udp restart: always
Above is the code required to deploy Logitech Media Server
- Copy and paste the code above into the
- Next we want to edit 7, 8 and 9 in the docker-compose.yaml file they currently read
- Update lines 7, 8 and 9 so they read (refer to instruction 5 above if this doesn't make sense or you aren't sure what to update with)
- Once everything is copied and pasted in and edited press control+x (at the same time) on your keyboard to exit editing mode.
- Press Y then return on your keyboard to save everything
- Once you have the compose file setup, run 'sudo docker-compose up -d'
- Containers will be setup and created.
- In a browser visit server-local-ip-address:9000